Submit your photos of Faroese minerals and rocks
Jarðfeingi, the Faroese Geological Survey, has launched a photo competition as part of its preparations for the upcoming book 'Føroysk mineral og grótsløg' (‘Varieties of Faroese minerals and rocks).
The winning entry will be awarded with a DKK 5,000 cash prize.
Terms and conditions
The photographer retains all copyrights of the submitted photos.
By submitting photos, the photographer agrees to the following terms:
- that Jarðfeingi selects submitted photos and publishes them on its website, social media platforms and elsewhere
- that the photographer’s name will be published alongside the photo
- that Jarðfeingi selects and publishes submitted photos in its new book 'Føroysk mineral og grótsløg' (‘Varieties of Faroese minerals and rocks’) in consultation with the photographer.
1. Take a photo of minerals or rocks, with a close-up of the key element. Remember to allow location access on your smartphone or your camera prior to taking the photo.
2. Email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or through Jarðfeingi’s Facebook or Instagram pages.
3. The photo will be published on Jarðfeingi’s Facebook and Instagram pages, with details of the mineral or rock varieties and the photographer’s name.
The submission deadline is 1 October 2020. For further information, visit jardfeingi.fo.
Translated by prosa.fo