Stricter self-quarantine procedures for travellers
The stricter procedures mean that everyone travelling to the Faroe Islands will receive an information leaflet with clear instructions to self-quarantine for 14 days. The leaflet, available in Faroese, Danish and English, can be read here.
Travellers will continue to be asked to provide the authorities with their personal contact information to enable infection tracing, and to allow the quarantine team, as an additional procedure, to follow up with them to check on their condition during self-quarantine.
After 14 days in self quarantine, people can move around freely in the Faroe Islands, but like everyone else, they should respect the public health guidelines on hygiene and physical distancing.
Self quarantine means:
- You stay at home; this can be with your family
- You do not receive visitors
- If you have to work, do so from home
- You may go for a drive in your own car and take a nature walk, but only where you will not come into contact with others. Keep away from other people.
- Remember also to maintain personal distance and good hygiene at home with your family.
- You will be contacted twice during your quarantine by the quarantine team, who will assign you a contact person.
Read more about self quarantine here.
Originally posted on corona.fo