Red Cross preparing refugee response plan
Red Cross is preparing a response plan which can be implemented if refugees come to the Faroes.
The organisation is now looking for volunteers for this purpose.
The plan, named Flóttahjálpin (the refugee support system), aims to provide services such as:
• Finding or supplying accommodation
• Transport on arrival
• Interpretation services
• Provision of food and clothes
• Provision of furniture and utensils
• Guidance and support regarding health matters
• Psychological counselling
• Guidance from social workers
• Social networking services and language teaching
• Financial support
• Job-seeking support
Organisations and businesses that wish to contribute to the refugee response plan can register here (text is in Faroese only).
Read the Faroese version of this article here.
More Faroese News in English.