Travelling with the corona passport
If you travel to the Faroes without a corona passport, you are required to get tested on arrival. You will not be charged for this test.
If you enter the country with a corona passport, testing is not required. If you decide to get tested anyway, you will be charged DKK 390 for the test.
Clarification on the corona passport
We reported in a previous article that the corona passport was not a specific certificate like the digital vaccination passport.
This was incorrect. It is a specific certificate, which can be downloaded here. The information is currently only available in Faroese, but it should be available in English soon.
We apologise for the error.
What is the Corona passport?
It is a digital certificate which proves that you meet at least one of the six criteria outlined below, according to corona.fo:
- You have been fully vaccinated. Less than a year must have passed since your second shot.
- You have a negative Covid test result no older than 72 hours.
- You have proof of immunity through previous infection.
The confusion may have arisen because you can also fulfil the above criteria without downloading the digital certificate by providing the following paper documents, together with your regular passport or driver’s licence, at venues or events that require a corona passport for entry:
- The yellow vaccination card showing that you have been vaccinated in the past year (the card must include your name and passport number).
- Proof of a negative Faroese PCR test no older than 72 hours.
- A paper certificate from the chief medical officer proving that you have achieved immunity through previous infection.
These criteria apply to everyone aged 12 or above.
For further information about Covid-19 in the Faroes, visit corona.fo.
Read the Faroese version of this article here.
More Faroese News in English. (The 'News in English' button on kvf.fo appears to have vanished, reportedly due to a redesign of the website. It should reappear on the site shortly. The link can still be found in the three-line menu at the top of the site).