Record-high green energy production in July

08.08.2022 - 09:21
Aktuelt
Record-high green energy production in July
Hydro and wind energy production was three times the July average measured over the past 20 years
National energy supplier SEV’s hydro power plants produced 9 Gigawatt hours (GWh) in July
 

July was an exceptional month for renewable energy production.

Hydro energy, or waterpower, plants produced 9 GWh, which is almost three times the July average measured over the past 20 years. July last year, by comparison, saw only 0.8 GWh of energy produced from water.

 >> SEE ALSO Green energy production on steady decline

Wind energy production also reached an all-time monthly high in July, with 6.5 GWh produced, compared to a monthly average of 2.4 GWh measured over the past eight years.

On 1 August this year, 44.5 percent of the country’s energy production came from renewable sources. The remaining 55.5 percent came from oil.

SEV’s overall year-to-date energy production is at an all-time high, 3.4 percent up from last year.

 

Read the Faroese version of this article here.

More Faroese News in English.

Er kopiera

Sí eisini

26.09.22
145324
26.09.22
145287
Nýggjastu sendingar í ÚV
Mánadag 26. september
Við Tórði á túri at reka í Lítlu Dímun
145338
Mánadag 26. september
Norðurljóð 26.september 2022
144480
Mánadag 26. september
Eitt deiligt punktum
145314
Mánadag 26. september
Mono - Dávidssálmar (3:5)
145305
Nýggjastu sendingar í SV
Sunnudag 25. september
Sangmøti í Ebenezer.
145276
Sunnudag 25. september
Andakt við Palla Petersen
145275
Mánadag 19. september
3-2
145026
Sunnudag 18. september
Andakt við Karinu Magnussen
144956
Sunnudag 18. september
Møti úr Berøa
144955